The Upper Midwest A-C Club Scholarship Committee has been making some changes to the criteria used for awarding scholarships to interested students. See revised Criteria below. Call one of the contacts listed at the bottom for more information.
- The scholarship is for the 2023-2024 school year only and cannot be deferred. Applications will be accepted from January 1,2023 until April 30,2023.
- Recipient will be a paid Club member, or the child/grandchild of a paid Club member.
- Prior to payment of the Scholarship award, the Recipient must be accepted and enrolled as a full-time student in a post-secondary program.
- Payment will be made (after receipt of this form and after successful completion of applicant’s first semester of post-secondary schooling, pending receipt of their first semester transcripts) to the Financial Aid Office of the Recipient’s educational institution, to be applied toward educational expenses for tuition, fees, books, and supplies required for study.
- The Recipient’s photo, their thank you note, and information about their post-secondary institution attending, may be shared with Upper Midwest A-C Club® members as well as used for promotional purposes.
- The Recipient will conduct themselves at all times in a fashion that brings dignity to the Upper Midwest A-C Club® and will comply in all respects with their educational institution’s code of conduct.
- The Recipient will maintain full-time enrollment status as defined by their educational institution for the 2023-2024 academic year.
- The Recipient will maintain a cumulative grade point average not less than 2.0 and will submit official transcripts from their postsecondary institution to the Upper Midwest A-C Club® Scholarship Committee no later than February 1, 2024. Transcripts may be submitted via mail (Attn: Carissa Buttjer, 2761 220th Street, Tripoli, IA 50676) or email (email@example.com).
- All Recipients will be invited to attend the 2023 Orange Spectacular® to be recognized and may be asked to assist with the annual Scholarship Auction.
- Scholarship awards will be in the amount of $1,000 per student, one award per lifetime.
- The number of $1,000 scholarships awarded will be determined by the Scholarship Committee based on the number of applications received and the content of those applications.
- Although an agriculture-related field of study is encouraged, it will not be a requirement to apply for this scholarship.
- Applicants will submit their completed Upper Midwest A-C Club® Scholarship Application with all required documents via mail or email to Carissa Buttjer, Scholarship Committee Co-Chair, by the deadline listed in the application.
- The Scholarship Committee will contact applicant within 7 days to confirm receipt of your application. If the applicant does not receive communication of receipt of their application, please reach out to Carissa Buttjer, and resend the application.
- Applications will be evaluated on:
- Level of completeness
- Student’s demonstration of leadership abilities, community involvement, and volunteer efforts
Applications should be forwarded to:
Scholarship Board Chair
13084 County Road 24
St. Charles, MN 55972
Thank you from the Upper Midwest A-C Club Scholarship Committee