Upper Midwest A-C Club™
Tractor Pull Rules
Saturday During the Orange Spectacular®
7 p.m. at the Grandstand
Contact Cody Hager 507-696-4765 or Craig Buss 320-582-2323 for any questions
Rookie 4500 (will follow Farm Stock class rules)
Farm Stock 3500, 4500, 5000, 6500, 7500-3.5 mph classes 9000, 10,500, 12,500, 16,000 lbs.-6.0 mph classes
Improved Farm Stock 3500, 5000-3.5 mph classes
Modified/Open 3500, 4500, 5500, 6500-no speed limit
King of the Hill 5000-anybody can pull, just for fun class
Trophies 1st and 2nd place
Entry Fee $20.00 per class; May pull 3 classes
1. Tractor may be 100 lbs. over with driver (age 16 or over). Scale on site.
2. Drivers shall furnish their own clevis for Farm Stock classes. Drawbar must be stationary in all directions. Pulling point not more than 20 inches in height and at least 18 inches behind center of axle.
3. Tractors must be operated in safe manner at all times.
4. No crawlers or duals allowed. A special crawler class may be added, as well as an “A” class.
5. All added weight must be fastened securely. No weight or bracket more than 24 inches in front of tractor and rear weight may not interfere with hooking of sled.
6. Tractor and sled must remain in track boundary.
7. Loss of any object while hooked is grounds for disqualification.
8. Tractors must be in neutral when hooked and unhooked.
9. Drivers must obey flagman at all times.
10. Driver must remain seated at all times.
11. Hood, grill, and fan shroud must be in place.
12. No alcohol in pit or track area.
13. Drivers must be present at drivers meeting. No exceptions.
14. Rookie Class – new to pulling or 1 year of pulling. May hook in other classes.
15. King of the Hill Class – anyone who would like to pull in this class can do so. It will be a “just for fun class” for anybody weighing 5000#.
16. We are here to have fun, and put on a good show. We want a level playing field in all classes so make sure you are entering the appropriate class. If the Pull Committee feels you are pulling in a class you shouldn’t, we will ask you to move classes.
Stock Class Rules
1. Stock RPM rigidly enforced: there will be ZERO tolerance for any governor
wires/strings/modified choke linkages etc.
2. Must obey speed limits that are set for the class you are pulling, speed board will be at the end of the track. If a puller breaks the speed limit before the 75 foot mark, they will have a one time option to restart the sled. If they break the speed limit a second time they will be disqualified for that class.
3. Must use factory drawbar. No alterations
4. Tire size must be no larger than the largest factory farm tire option for that tractor, no cut tires.
5. Factory rims and rim size are required. No pressed or stamped wheels unless originally offered as factory options. Cutoffs will be allowed as long as the tire/rim size is within spec. i.e. WC tractors etc.
6. Regular gas, diesel fuel, or factory LP gas only. No racing fuel.
7. Tractors must have the stock engine block and components that came with the tractor. No D-17 engines in WC, no D-15 engines in RC etc. If the engine block is newer or larger than what was original you will need to pull in the Improved Farm Stock classes or pull exhibition.
8. Intake system must be original carb and manifold. No aftermarket turbo’s.
9. Tractor should be as stock appearing and complete as possible. Fenders required in Farm Stock. No stripping of parts to make weight in the Farm Stock classes.
10. Use of hi-lo power director shifting permitted.
11. Stock entries will be reviewed by Pull Committee. Ineligible entries will be notified before pull. All decisions are final. No protest considered.
12. No stock tractors may enter a modified stock class.
Improved Farm Stock Rules
1. This is a class for those tractors that are stock appearing but have minor alterations i.e. different engine, wheels, larger tires, drawbar etc.
2. May use an altered drawbar as long as it meets requirements in general rules
3. May use pressed rims, or larger rims than factory.
4. Tires may be one size larger than the largest factory farm tire option, no cut tires allowed.
5. Larger or newer engine blocks allowed.
6. Aftermarket Turbos allowed
7. All rules listed in General Rules apply to all tractors
Modified Stock Class Rules
1. No RPM limit, any gear and fuel type.
2. Any tire or rim size, radial and cut tires allowed.
3. V8 conversions allowed
4. Drawbar can be altered as long as it meets the requirements in general rules.
5. Wheelie bars, side shields, and kill switches preferred
6. No speed limits, but keep speeds within reason for safety.
7. No tractor entered in modified stock may pull in stock class.
8. All rules listed in General Rules apply to all tractors.